Tuesday 30 December 2014

Christmas festivities out of the way and the family are all back in their own homes so I was able to get back to the easel with some of the seasonal fruit - clementines again. There is something relaxing about working on these small pieces, I'm beginning to understand why the 'painting a day' movement gained momentum. 'Painting a Day' introduced me to the work of Duane Keiser. Consequently I've been looking at a variety of other exponents and enjoying what I see. It was the Julian Merrow-Smith site that first caught my attention but I've now had the chance to explore quite a few more. Mention of Carol Marine by my blogger friend, Linda Roth, got me into discovering the Daily Paintworks site (Carol Marine and her husband run it) and the subscribers who post there - maybe a personal challenge for the future?

So here is today's effort.



Clementines and bowl - Oil on gesso board 7" x 5"


No comments: