Monday 10 May 2010

Drumcliff

Just returned from a relaxing week in Ireland attending a music festival and sharing time with family but also managed to get in a bit of painting time. After my last post I felt the need to get outside and try to improve my plein air work, but as is often the case finding the time in a decent painting spot with consistent lighting is very difficult. The last PA work suffered from my lack of consistent decision making about what lighting I wanted to depict. Again I think this work suffers from similar inconsistency and unsure decision making. However, I think there is a bit of improvement in this piece, particularly in terms of establishing back, mid and foreground. So hopefully a bit of progress this week.

Drumcliff - Oil on canvas board 12" x 10"

No comments: