Thursday 14 April 2011

Travelling

We're spending this week travelling around, spending a couple of nights in Wales and a couple at a family wedding in Cheshire. The trusty sketchers box and a couple of brushes, along with a book of watercolour paper are in attendance. The pictures below are a couple of pages from the sketch book and represent quick efforts to record places we have been.

Sea Front Llandudno - Watercolour on Not paper 12" x 10"

Rhuddlan Castle - Watercolour on Not paper 12" x 10"

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mick, the castle is lovely. Fresh and conveys a stoic air. Love the sky against the greens.

Caroline Simmill said...

Beautiful fresh looking watercolours Mick, the castle is really lovely.

Peter Ward said...

Yes you are well into this sketching lark Mick! Not my strong point I'm afraid.

Unknown said...

Maggie - Thanks. The sky wasn't the brightest but it just goes to show that there are positives in most light conditions.

Unknown said...

Caroline - Thank you. I'm hoping that the castle sketch might provide the basis for an oil when I get home.

Unknown said...

Peter - Thanks. I find the short oases of calm provided by sketching opportunities help me maintain some momentum in my painting. They are also good for hand - eye coordination in our art work.