Sunday 1 March 2009

Work In Progress - Clearing Storm, St. Mary's Island

This post is breaking away from the thread that I've been following, outlining the journey I have been on with my painting. This piece has been on my easel this week and I am at the stage where I need a little input from another pair of eyes. I've posted it on WC but as yet only elicited one comment. My own feeling is that the sky needs a little finishing with the addition of some crepuscular rays to provide some highlighting on the lighthouse. The sea needs some work as does the rocky foreshore. My biggest dilemma is whether or not to include the stretch of beach that was visible when I did my original sketches or run the sea up to the rocks. At the moment the halo of sand doesn't work so changes are necessary.




Oil on Canvas board 20" x 16"

2 comments:

Hana said...

Hi Friend.. Interesting post.. Keep up the good work.. Do visit my blog and post your comments.. Take care mate.. Cheers!!!

Unknown said...

Sriram - Thanks for visiting. Viewed your two blogs - you have a wide range of interests.